The first-day auction for the sixth season of the Pro Kabaddi League has started in Mumbai on Wednesday. The auction will decide the fate of 422 players from 14 countries. Of these, 87 are those who have been drawn from (FKH) program. The auction includes 58 foreign players. The auction includes players from countries other than India, including Iran, Bangladesh, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. Of the total 12 franchise teams, nine teams have already retained 21 players in their team. The two-day PKL 6 auction will witness 87 youngsters as part of the Future Heroes Kabaddi Programme, an initiative that is assured to add some excitement to the bidding process as teams will look to balance their squad with the addition of these immense talents. Rahul Chaudhari, Anup Kumar, Nitin Tomar, Fazel Atrachali, and Surender Nada would be the biggest attractions of PKL auction.
Guidelines for team formation
- A Franchise may choose between 18-25 players to form a team
- A team can choose up to 3 players from the Future Kabaddi Heroes 2018 programme
- If a team has 4 Elite Retained Players, they can exercise 1 “Final Bid Match” option in open auction
- If a team has less than 4 Elite Retained Players, they can exercise 2 “Final Bid Match” options in open auction
- Number of overseas players in a team may vary from 2 to 4
- The total salary purse available to each Franchisee is INR 4 Crores
PRO Kabaddi League Auction LIVE Updates and Commentary
— ProKabaddi (@ProKabaddi) May 30, 2018
4:40 PM IST- Fazel Atrachali SOLD to U Mumba for Rs 1 crore
Atrachali becomes the costliest player in PKL history and also the first player to attract a price of 1 crore
4:30 PM IST- Dong Geon Lee (South Korea) is SOLD to Gujarat Fortunegiants for 17.2 lakh
4:20 PM IST- Khomsan Thongkham SOLD to Dabang Delhi for Rs 8 lakh
Steal from Dabang Delhi as they bag the highest scoring non-Indian raider of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.
4:15 PM IST- Farhad Rahimi Milaghardan (Iran) Right-Cover Defender SOLD to Telugu Titans
Telugu Titans have their player back. After Jaipur seemed set to sign the Iranian for 21.5 lakh, the Titans exercise their Final Bid Match to retain their defender
4:05 PM IST- Ziaur Rahman (Bangladesh) Left Cover defender SOLD to Bengal Warriors
Rahman has sold to Bengal for 33.25 lakh. The Bangladesh boy would find plenty of fans in Bengal. This is Bengal’s second foreign player after Jang Kun Lee. They have achieved the minimum number of foreign players that a team needs to sign
4:00 PM IST- Jang Kun Lee returns to Bengal!
South Korean raider Jang Kun Lee was originally brought by Haryana Steelers for 33 lakh, but Bengal Warriors have exercised their Final Bid Match card to retain the South Korean raider
Players who have been retained by their Franchise
- Bengal Warriors have retaken its captain Surjeet Singh and also retained his magnificent raider, Maninder Singh.
- Bengaluru Bulls has retaken his captain Rohit Kumar.
- Delhi has not yet managed to make a single title. The team has kept its captain Miraj Sheikh in the team.
- Gujral Fortungiants, who has proved to be the best team last year, has kept Sachin Along with Sunil Kumar and Mahendra Ganesh Rajput too.
- At the same time, Haryana Steelers has retaken Kuldeep Singh.
- Patna Pirates retained his captain Pradeep with three more players Jaideep, Jawahar Dagar, and Manish Kumar.
- Puneri Paltan retained Sandeep Narwal, Rajesh Mondal, GB More and Girish Anark.
- Tamil Thaliwas has retained Amit Hooda, C. Arun with his captain Ajay Thakur.
- Telugu Titans have retaken Nilesh Salunkhe and Mohsen Mungosoudlouzafari.
- Jaipur Pink Panthers, UP Warriors, and U-Mumba did not retain any player.
Category C foreign players auctioned so far
Sanjay Shrestha SOLD to Puneri Paltan for 8 Lakh
Seaong Ryeol Kim SOLD to UP Yoddha for 8.2 Lakh
Victor Obiero (Kenya) is UNSOLD
Chan Sik Park (South Korea) SOLD to Tamil Thalaivas for 8 lakh
Hyunil Park (South Korea) is UNSOLD
Dong Gyu Kim (South Korea) is UNSOLD
Tin Phonchoo (Thailand) is UNSOLD
Ogak Odhiambo (Kenya) is UNSOLD
Chi-Ming Chang is UNSOLD
Gyung Tae Kin (South Korea) is UNSOLD
Dong Ju Hong (South Korea) SOLD to Bengaluru Bulls for 8 Lakh
I Halus Wayan (Indonesia) is UNSOLD
Dicki Candra (Indonesia) is UNSOLD
Mohammad Shazid Hossain (Bangladesh) is UNSOLD
Chrispine Oketch (Kenya) is UNSOLD
Taedeok Eom (South Korea) is SOLD to Patna Pirates for 11.4 lakh