The Delhi Metro’s Pink line between Delhi University’s South Campus (South Campus) and Lajpat Nagar started today on 6th August, which is built on the lines of ‘Corridor for Shoppers’. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri today jointly inaugurated this. A senior DMRC official said, “It will be formally launched using the remote control from the Metro Building. Its services for passengers will start from 1 a.m. on the same day. The Pink Line Metro is no less than a gift for the Delhiites, because, after the commencement of this Metro, four big markets of Delhi will be connected on the same line.
Five Important Points about Delhi Metro Pink Line
- This Pink Line will have six stations, including 8.01 km long Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus-Lajpat Nagar section, with interchangeable on the INA (Yellow Line) and Lajpat Nagar (Violet line).
The pink line will connect four major markets of the city. This will add Sarojini Nagar, INA, South Extension and Lajpat Nagar and will reduce the travel time of the passengers by around 20 minutes. On this route, Sir Vishweshwariya Moti Bagh, Bhikhaji Cama Place, Sarojini Nagar, INA, South Extension and Lajpat Nagar are the new metro stations.
- There will be the facility of changing the Metro on the INA (Yellow Line) and Lajpat Nagar (Violate Line). New stations on this new line include Sir Vishwasaraiya Moti Bagh, Bhikaji Cama Place, Sarojini Nagar, INA, South Extension and Lajpat Nagar.
- Among them is Sir Vishwasaraya Moti Bagh is the only elevated station and the rest are all underground stations. This Pink Line is part of 59 km Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar Corridor (Pink Line): At the busy time, the Metro train will be available in every five minutes and 12 seconds and every 5 minutes and 45 seconds in the remaining time.
Delhi Metro Pink line Fare (INA to Lajpat Nagar)
- Normal Fare 20
- Concessional Fare ( For Sunday & National Holiday )- 10
- Timing – 5 Min
- Stations – 3
- Interchange – 0
Delhi Metro’s Pink line station list from INA to Lajpat Nagar
- South Extension
- Lajpat Nagar
Delhi Metro’s Pink line route
- Sir Vishweshariah Moti Bagh
- Bhikaji Cama Place
- Sarojini Nagar
- South Extension
- Lajpat Nagar
Delhi Metro’s Pink line south Campus stations
|1||Sir Vishweshwaraiah Moti Bagh||सर विश्वेश्वरय्या मोती बाग||6 August 2018||None||Elevated|
|2||Bhikaji Cama Place||भीकाजी कामा प्लेस||6 August 2018||None||Underground|
|3||Sarojini Nagar||सरोजिनी नगर||6 August 2018||None||Underground|
|4||INA||आई एन ए||6 August 2018||Yellow Line||Underground|
|5||South Extension||साउथ एक्सटेंशन||6 August 2018||None||Underground|
|6||Lajpat Nagar||लाजपत नगर||6 August 2018||Violet Line||Underground|
Delhi Metro Pink Line first and Last metro time
Pink Metro Line Fare
Lajpat Nagar, South Extension, INA and Sarojini Nagar Market Stations will be connected to a Metro corridor as the operation starts on this corridor. This will facilitate the movement of traffic from one market to another. That’s why businesses besides the customers will also benefit. In addition, the network of Metro network in Delhi NCR will be 296 km and the number of stations will be 214.
Leave a Comment