Sports World

Steve Smith and David Warner banned for 1 year, Convicted in bowl tampering

Steve Smith and David Warner banned for 1 year, Convicted in bowl tampering
Written by Abhishek Lohia

Cricket Australia gave his final judgement on the ball-tampering issue, by banning Australian Skipper Steve Smith and David Warner for one year from INTL cricket. Smith and Warner were the primary victims of ball-tampering incident which was happened during the third test against South Africa tour. Cricket Australia banned Steve Smith from the INTL cricket as well as from the upcoming season of VIVO IPL 2018. However, Warner is ban from only INTL cricket, and he will play in IPL 2018. Before this announcement the Left-handed batsman David Warner leaves the position of the captaincy of SunRisers Hyderabad. The veteran Sports commentator Maxwell said a source close to Smith had confirmed the bans on him.”I understand that Steve Smith and David Warner are getting a 12-month ban from the game in Australia,” he said. “I don’t know how that affects them elsewhere in the world, but I understand that is the nature of the penalty, the sanction as they like to call it.”

He said he does not know the fate of the third Australian sent home, opener Cameron Bancroft. Maxwell said Smith and Warner would be stood down from all forms of cricket until March 2019. “I can tell you that I understand David Warner and Steve Smith will be getting a 12-month ban from the game in Australia.

It is unclear if opening batsman Cameron Bancroft has also been suspended. It means Australia will sensationally be without their two best-recognised batsmen for the highly anticipated summer Test series against India on home soil, beginning in November 2018. The four-test series against India is just one of the high-voltage series where many stars will miss. The suspension means the pair will be unable to play in the 2018 IPL, forcing them to surrender the $2.4 million contracts they signed with their franchises in January. The pair will also miss a five-match ODI series against England, beginning June 13. The suspension will allow Warner and Smith to play in next year’s ODI World Cup and the 2019 Ashes in England.

About the author

Abhishek Lohia

Abhishek Lohia is a Sports and Political Writer at Newsfolo. He has been working as a Journalist for 2 years and has previously worked at Sportsflu, Sportscafe, and some other Digital Channels. He covers the ruling BJP Government, civic bodies, and Indian politics. He also covers latest Sports News and Live Coverage. He is a graduate in Electrical Engineering from IPEC College, Sahibabad. He can be reached at; [email protected], you can also follow him on twitter @chiraglohia2

Leave a Comment