Shardhi Navaratri is starting on October 10. The beginning of Ashwani month is the beginning of the Shardi Navaratri with the epitome of the Shukla Paksha. Nine forms of Lord Durga are worshiped on nine days of Navratri. On the first day Mata Shailpurty Pooja, Brahmacharini Pooja on the second day, Kundhanda Pooja on the third day, Kundhma Pooja on the fourth day, Skandmata Pooja on the 5th day, 6th day Katyayani Pooja, 7th-day Kalratri Puja, 8th Mahagauri Poojan and 9th day Mata Siddhidathi Pujaan is followed. The meaning of Navratra means Nine Nights, which means the extraordinary nights. That is why this is the second reason when the special pooja of Navaratri is performed at night. In the Gupta Navaratri, worship cannot be followed in the morning. Similarly, in Chaitra and Shardhi Navaratri, it is considered auspicious to do worship at night only. Night time is considered to be very good for accomplishment, that is why worshiping in the night is more beneficial than the day.
Navratri 2018 Puja Vidhi and Havan Samagri
In the Navaratri, Akhand Jyoti is also desired and Havan is also done. For Akhand Jyoti, you need a clean lamp, cotton wick, roli or vermilion, rice, for brick or mud of eternal light, then there is a need for havan, a pair of cloves, Supari, cloves, mustard seeds, Gugla, Lobaan, ghee, Panch Meva, rice. Will be required.
Navratri 2018 Tithi and Timings
- October 10, Pratipada – First day of meeting or Navaratri- Decrease/establishment of Kalash – Shailputri, Brahmacharini Pooja
- October 11, Dwitiya – Navaratri 2 Day III – Chandraghanta Pooja
- October 12, Tritiya – Third day of Navratri – Kushmanda Pooja
- October 13, Chaturthi – Navaratri fourth day – Skandamata worship
- October 14, Panchami – Navaratri 5th Day – Saraswati Pooja
- October 15, Sasthi – Navaratri 6th day – Katyayani worship
- October 16, Saptami – Seventh day of Navaratri- Kalaratri, Saraswati Pooja
- October 17, Ashtami – eighth day of Navaratri – Mahagauri, Durga Ashtami, Navami Poojan
- October 18, Navami – Navaratri ninth day – Navami havan, Navaratri pass
- October 19, Dashami – Durga Visarjan, Vijayadashmi