In the Punjab assembly, the state finance minister Manpreet Singh Badal presented a budget of Rs. 1,29,698 crore. This is the second budget of Capt. Amarinder Singh’s government. During the budget speech, Manpreet Badal said that there is a debt of 1 lakh, 95 thousand and 975 crores on Punjab, which will be 2 lakh, 11 thousand and 523 by the end of this year. He said that due to the payment of interest, the expenditure has increased. During this time, he made many big announcements. Manpreet Badal R. I assured the brother-in-law that the government would contribute 50 percent to the works initiated related to any infrastructure in their villages in their villages in Punjab. Manpreet Badal said that N.R.I Eyes has wiped Punjab in every corner of the world. He said that the Faradz of Punjab (Chief Minister Garima Gram Yojana) and the Connect with Youth Router, N. of Punjab origin. R. Eyes are being encouraged to join their roots in Punjab.
The Finance Minister announced that the Punjab government would provide free sanitary napkins to the girls from sixth to twelfth class in schools. For this, provision of 10 crores has been made. A provision of 49 crores was made to give students textbooks from the first to the 12th standard. Grant given to Punjab University based in Chandigarh has been increased to Rs 42.62 crore. Announcing to give a one time grant of Rs 50 crore to Punjabi University 10 million for sports university in Patiala.
Manpreet Badal gave Rs 1235 crore for Scheduled Castes and Backward Castes under the budget. The quota of students of the backward classes increased from 5 to 10 in Educational Technology and Professional Institutes. 120 crores have been given for the development of higher education. A provision of 30 crores has been made for the CM Cancer Relief Fund. 13 percent of the budget for health has been increased. A provision of 100 crores has been made for Swachh Bharat Mission. Under the Smart City Mission, provision of 500 crores has been made for Ludhiana, Amritsar and Jalandhar.
Important features of Punjab Budget 2018-19
- 1 lakh 95 thousand 938 crore loan on Punjab-
- By the end of this session, it will increase to 2 lakh 11 thousand 523 million –
- Smart schools will be built in each sector –
- Patiala sports university holds 10 crores –
- Free electricity to farmers, Reserves 6256 crores –
- A big announcement on Biodiversity City parks:
- Parks built in Bathinda, Sangrur and Gidderbaha –
- Profit tax of 200 rupees per month for tax-paying professionals
- 13% increase in pay-on-pension-
- 100 crore rupees in the budget for 550th Prakash festival of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Provision of 4,250 crores for the farmer’s debt waiver scheme in the state budget 2018-19 –
- Rs. 50 crores provision for the smart school in every education block of Punjab
- A capital feed will cost Rs 13 crores in Kapurthala –
- Government expenditure increased from 8 thousand 773 crores to 9 thousand 469 crores
- 6 thousand 256 crores for Free Electricity
- 30 million proposals for implant veterinary polyclinics
Leave a Comment