CBSE passing criteria for all India is being laid down time to time. CBSE class XII results got declared today as per the notification mentioned on CBSE website. With the results round the corner there is some information for the candidates who are eagerly waiting for the result.
- CBSE will be providing grades on a nine-point scale for every subject for external examinations. Ranking order for grades will be as below:A-1 Top 1/8th of the passed candidates
A-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
B-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
B-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
C-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
C-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
D-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
D-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
E Failed candidates
Any student who gets a grade higher than E shall be getting a passing certificate from the board.
2. 33% is the passing percentage for each examination. In case of practical examination student must obtain 33% in both practical and written exam individually as well as 33% on an aggregate.
3. Students will not be provided with any overall division/distinction/aggregate.
4. For additional subjects standards will be applicable:
- An additional subject can replace an elective subject or can also replace a language only if student has Hindi/English as one of the languages.
- An additional language subject can replace a language in case if a student fails in the same only if the student has Hindi/English as one of the languages.
- A student is allowed to choose up to 2 additional language subjects to replace an elective subject.
- Students are eligible to appear for external examination even if he/she is exempted from one or more subjects. The result in case will be declared subjected to fulfillment of other conditions.
- For adjustment of ties minor variations in proportion of candidates can be done.
- Every student with equal score will be provided with same grade.