According to the world health organization (WHO), pollution in India is the fifth leading cause of death. In 2014 WHO classed New Delhi as the world’s most polluted capital, with the worse level of air quality than Beijing. Increased air pollution makes us susceptible to catch viral or many other health issues. So it is necessary to keep hydrated and eat healthy food to avoid these health risks. People should keep their system immune to avoid pollution’s harmful reaction. Air pollution is not only caused due to industries and vehicles. Dust mites, chemicals in carpets, air fresheners, off-gassing from plastics also add up to the toxic pollutants which are dangerous for lungs and causes many diseases.
Detox diet plan and breathing exercises help us to stay healthy. A healthy diet is the best way to minimize the harmful effects of air pollution. Include some given fruits, vegetables and other food items in the diet to reduce harmful effects of smog.
- Including Broccoli in a diet is the best way to protect our body from air pollution. Broccoli in sprouts helps to excrete toxins associated with ozone air pollution.
- The two organs of our body, lungs and live, neutralize free radical damage caused by air contamination. To support and rejuvenate lungs with oregano, orange peel, eucalyptus and peppermint have to include in the diet. For lugs eat grapefruits, beet, carrots, apples, cabbage, and avocado.
- Including Vitamin C in diet or taking it as a dietary supplement helps to build the immune system. Vitamin C also reduces the risk of allergies.
- Fruits such as oranges, strawberries, apples, and watermelons are the rich sources of vitamin C. while guavas, red bell peppers, kale, parsley, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, papayas, spinach, citrus fruits, green onion and more are the good in Vitamin C and help to reduce the harmful effects of smog.
- Good news for Thai and Japanese food lovers that some spicy foods with a little kick also can kick out allergy. Ginger, anise, fennel and hot mustard are act as natural decongestants.
- Green tea, tulsi, ginger, and cinnamon are powerful herbal ingredients used to improve the health and reduce the toxins of air pollution.
- Raw turmeric has curative properties which protect people from chronic bronchitis, allergy coughs, and colds.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are the best source to reduce allergic reactions and soothe inflammation. Walnuts, and oils such as mustard, canola, and flax-seed are rich in Omega-3 rich.