Yash Raj Films announced Tiger Zinda Hai starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif in September last year. It is a sequel to the 2012 blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger and is being directed by Ali Abbas Zafar of ‘Sultan’ fame. The film, shooting for which is underway, is scheduled to hit cinema screens on Christmas 2017.
— #TigerZindaHai (@TigerZindaHai) September 13, 2016
Salman and Katrina will be seen reprising their roles of a RAW and an ISI agent respectively, from the first film. The film also marks the coming together of the ‘Sallu- Kat’ Jodi after nearly 5 years. The once upon a time real life couple who never really admitted to their relationship in the media, broke up years ago but still continue to share a warm relationship which is quite rare.
Let us take you through a timeline of the film ever since it was announced.
- Kabir Khan who directed the first film in the Tiger franchise, was not taken on board for the second film, due to creative differences with Salman Khan. But the director wished the team on twitter, which shows there is no ill- will among them.
Tiger… Tiger.. Tiger… A new mission begins… ??? https://t.co/yvwdHI6nFS
— Kabir Khan (@kabirkhankk) September 13, 2016
- The makers of Tiger Zinda hai managed to rope in hollywood’s stunt director Tom Struthers, who is known for his work in films such as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception. Ali Abbas Zafar, the director of the film shared this on his twitter page.
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) December 6, 2016
- Infact, the crew of the film has members from multiple countries, collaborating to make this project as epic as it can be.
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) March 2, 2017
- The shooting schedule for the film began in Morocco, followed by Austria. The second schedule came to an end in Mumbai in mid April.
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) January 6, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) January 7, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) January 9, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) March 23, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) March 25, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) March 28, 2017
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) March 30, 2017
- Katrina Kaif who recently made her Instagram debut, shared a picture of the crew at YRF, prepping hard for the next schedule of the film, whilst playing a card game.
- The film’s crew has now head to Abu Dhabi for 65 days, which is the longest a hindi film has been shot there for.
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) May 2, 2017
Come back for more updates from the sets of Tiger Zinda Hai.