Today the nation marks the 78th Birthday of legendary Bollywood music composer Rahul Dev Burman. The legendary music composer was also known by the name Pancham Da. He did an infinite range of songs with Asha Bhosle known to be his wife and Kishore Kumar.
Only the music lovers might be knowing that Burman was just a nine year old kid when he composed his first song, ‘Aye Meri Topi Palat Ke Aa’ which was used by his father SD Burman in the movie Funtoosh(1956). With this he also composed a very famous track Sar Jo Tera Chakraaye and that too was used by his father in the movie Pyaasa(1957).
Lets have a quick glimpse of his five best songs:
- Tere Bina Zindagi Se Koi Shiqwa- The song has been sung by Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar and the lyrics has been penned down by the famous Gulzar
2. Kya Hua tera Wada- The song is from the movie Hum Kisise Kam Nahi(1977). The lyrics of the song have been penned down by Majrooh Sultanpuri and the song has been sung by Mohammad Rafi and Sushma Shreshta
3. Humein Aur Jeene Ki- The melodious song is from the movie Agar Tum Na Hote(1983). The lyrics of the song has been penned down by Gulshan Bawa and the singer are Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar
4. Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna- The romantic hit is from the movie Kudrat(1981) and the singers are Praveen Sultana and Kishore Kumar. Majrooh Sultanpuri has penned down the lyrics of the song
5. Chura Liya hai Tumne Jo- The fun-filled and a romantic number belongs to the movie Yaadon Ki Baarat and the singers are Asha Bhosle and Mohammed Rafi. The lyrics of the song have been penned down by Majrooh Sultanpuri.
Pancham Da may have left us years ago, but his music continues to bring a smile and make us cry even today. We wish him a very Happy Birthday!!