Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon starring Raabta has been in the news for all reasons of late. The film was embroiled in controversy when the makers of the Telugu film Magadheera alleged that Raabta was a rip-off of the former and tried to seek an injunction against Raabta. To which the producers of Raabta came out in strong dissent and stated that any subject that deals with reincarnation cannot be said to be a rip off of Magadheera and reiterated the fact that their film had an original screenplay. The case is still in court.
Then came controversies related to the music of the film when music composer Pritam decided to opt out of the film and wanted his name removed from the film credits and promotions. The reason given for this by Pritam was that he was not in favour of having an outsider’s song in his album when the makers wanted to recreate an outsider’s song as part of the promotions of the film. The woes did not end here. This was followed by Punjabi singer J-star accusing T-series of stealing his popular track ‘Na Na Na Na’ which was rehashed as ‘Main Tera Boyfriend’ for the film. T-series denied such allegations and stated that they had bought the rights to the song from its original maker.
“All publicity is good publicity” is a popular saying in B-town. We will have to wait and watch if this holds true for Raabta. Meanwhile, Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon are going all out to promote their labour of love on various platforms. Let’s take a look at the promotions for Raabta.
- The actors were seen seeking the divine blessings at the Bangla Sahib Gurudwara in Delhi ahead of the film’s release.
— Raabta (@RaabtaOfficial) June 7, 2017
- Sushant and Kriti grooved to their hit track ‘Main Tera Boyfriend’ in front of an energectic crowd in Kolkata.
- How could they miss The Kapil Sharma Show!
- The on- screen couple was seen getting goofy on their way to Ahmedabad for promotions.
- They were even at the IPL Final in Hyderabad.
- Seen here with their Director Dinesh Vijan.
- Nobody minds a round of dumb charades in between the promotional madness.
Catch Raabta in a cinema near you from Friday, June 9.