Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon starrer romantic thriller Raabta has finally hit cinema screens worldwide today and the reviews are pouring in. Apart from Kriti Sanon and Sushant Singh Rajput, the film also stars Jim Sarbh in a pivotal role. Raabta is Dinesh Vijan’s directorial debut. It is co-produced by T-series and Dinesh and Homi Adajania’s Maddock films.
The movie tries to bring back the classic Bollywood love story with the “janam janam ka saath” backdrop. Sushant plays Shiv while Kriti plays Saira. The film spans across two timelines, the first being the contemporary urban times and then goes into a prehistoric era with bloody battles and bloodshed. There is Jim Sarbh of “Neerja” fame added to this scenario and he makes it a love triangle of sorts. Raabta actually means an “unexplained connection” and the three lead actors here are shown to have a karmic connect.
As far as the first reactions to the film goes, it has been a mixed bag. Let us take a look at what the people from the film industry have to say about Raabta.
- Ayushmann Khurrana was highly impressed with the film.
— Ayushmann Khurrana (@ayushmannk) June 8, 2017
- Vajir Singh, the editor of film trade website box office India loved both the timelines the film ventures into.
#Raabta's a perfect cocktail of luv lived & love living. Previous life or d current, d film takes u beyond & makes u feel love
— vajir singh (@vajir) June 8, 2017
- Actress Naaz Norouzi was left speechless after the movie screening.
— Elnaaz Norouzi (@_iamnaaz_) June 8, 2017
- Here is what casting director Mukesh Chhabra had to say about the film.
— mukesh chhabra CSA (@CastingChhabra) June 9, 2017
- Film Journalist and anchor Faridoon couldn’t get over the lead pair’s chemistry.
Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon share a smashing chemistry n this is a pairing to watch out 4.Two hearts but beat as One! #Raabta
— Faridoon Shahryar (@iFaridoon) June 9, 2017
- Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh did not need too many words to describe the film. He was not impressed at all.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 9, 2017
- Ditto with Film critic Rajeev Masand. Raabta = Raabish!! Ouchh!
— Rajeev Masand (@RajeevMasand) June 9, 2017
- And how can Kamaal R Khan KRK be left behind, He ripped Raabta apart in his trade mark style.
So, reviews on Raabta so far are pretty polarizing. Catch the film in a theater near you to decide for yourself.