Education

Telangana Teacher Eligibility Test TET 2017 Results Declared

Telangana Teacher Eligibility Test TET 2017 Results Declared
Written by Aiman

The Department of School Education of the Telangana government declared the results of the State Teacher Eligibility Test TET 2017 a day before it was scheduled to announce the results. The results can be accessed on http://tstet.cgg.gov.in/. The results column on the page carries a link to the results page, and you will need the hall ticket number of the candidate to be able to access the results. You can save the results page and also take a printout of the page with a link on the page.

As the page slows down due to high traffic volume, the result may take some time to load. The test itself was conducted on July 31 in all the 31 districts of the newly created state, and consisted of two papers. Candidates who wanted to teach from classes 1 to 5 had to write the first paper, while the second paper 2 was for candidates who wanted to teach classes 6 to 8. Candidates who wanted to appear for all classes had the option to give both papers.

Reportedly, 98.905 candidates sat down for paper 1 while 2,30,881 appeared for the second paper. The marks from this test will be valid for 7 years from the date of taking the test, and the test scores of the TET will constitute 20% of the weightage in the upcoming teacher recruitment of the Telangana government. The other 80% is reserved for the written test for the Teacher Recruitment Drive(TRD). The resources and materials related to the examination will be preserved for a period of six months and the state government will not entertain any application in the matter after the period.

About the author

Aiman

Keenly interested in sports of all sorts, I am a physicist by training and curious about everything.