Virat Kohli has a chance to become number one in the ICC rankings in the five-Test match series against England, which is going to start on August 1. If the Indian captain Virat Kohli scores runs on England’s ground, then he can be overtaken by Australia’s Steve Smith in the ICC Test rankings at No. 1. Kohli is 26 points behind Steve Smith, who is facing a 12-month ban for the ball tampering. Kohli have to perform well against England to beat Smith. 5-5 batsmen of both England and India are in the top 50 in batters. India’s Cheteshwar Pujara sixth, Lokesh Rahul 18, Ajinkya Rahane 19th, Murali Vijay 23rd and Shikhar Dhawan at 24th place. England’s Joe Root third, Alastair Cook 13th, Jonny Bairstow 16th, Ben Stokes 28th and Moin Ali are in 43rd position.
In the bowler’s list, England fast bowler James Anderson will try to keep him at No. 1 ranking. Stuart Broad is at number 12. On the other hand, India’s 6 bowlers are in the top 30. Ravindra Jadeja third, R Ashwin 5th, Mohammed Shami 17th, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 25th, Ishant Sharma 26th and Umesh Yadav 28th. India’s left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav is in 56th position.
England is ranked 5th in the ICC Test Team Rankings and would like to improve it. If the England team wins 5-0, then it will increase 10 points. In this case, the gap between India and those between them will be reduced from 28 to just 5 points. India will win by 5-0, then it will be 129 points and England will move to the sixth place with 94 points.
Test Runs record, which can be broken by Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, and Ishant Sharma during 1st Test
- In this 5-match test series, Kohli will have the opportunity to reach 6000 runs. If Kohli scored 446 runs in this series, he would become the 10th Indian to score 6000 runs in Test cricket.
- Middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara can complete his 5000 runs in this Test series.
- Vijay, who gave a strong start to Team India, has scored 3907 runs in 97 Tests in 57 innings at an average of 40.70 in Test cricket.
- Team India’s most dependable middle-order batsman, Ajinkya Rahane, has the chance to complete 3000 Test runs in the five-match Test series against England.
- Experienced fast bowler Ishant Sharma has an opportunity to reach 250 test wickets in this Test series. Ishant has so far scored 238 wickets in 146 innings of 82 Tests.