Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Central Govt. conducted Khelo India School Games 2018 under Khelo India Programme from 31 January 2018 to 8 February 2018. School going children between 10 to 18 years of age can participate in these games through registration at their schools. candidates can see the details of events at kheloindia.gov.in. It is a national programme for the development of Athletics in India and also promoting sports in India. Central Govt. proposed 1756 crore for this programme. Under this programme, govt will select 1000 athletes and will provide them Rs. 5 lakh scholarship for the next 8 years. This will increase the motivation level of the sportsperson, and provide them scholarships.
Khelo India School Games Guidelines
- Under the Khelo India Scheme, 1000 students will be shortlisted for Scholarship
- These 1000 students will get the Scholarship of amount 5, OO, OOO each
- The Scholarship will provided for consecutive eight years
- Only Under-17 players can participate in these games
Khelo India School Games 2018 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The program will give benefit only those players, who belong to ruler areas
- Age limit for Scholarship is from 12 years to 18 years
- The selected candidates will get the scholarship amount of five lakh rupees for 8-years.
- 1000 candidates will be selected from all over India. And they will get the scholarship to perform better on the International level.
Khelo India 2018 Registration| Apply Online |
- You can register yourself by visiting the Youth Affairs and Sports website.
- Then Click on the link.
- Fill the registration form and all the required details
- After submitting all the details click on Submit button
- Take a print out of your application
Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his message on Twitter and give congratulations to all the students, which are participating in Khelo India School Games 2018. There are total 199 gold medals, 199 silver medals, and 275 bronze medals will be at stake in the first Khelo India School Games.
Khelo India is not only about winning medals. It is an effort to give strength to a mass movement for playing more. We want to focus on every aspect that would make sports more popular across the nation: PM @narendramodi https://t.co/yIPKy8QcqD
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) January 31, 2018