After the end of first group matches of all the teams in the ongoing FIFA World Cup in Russia, the remaining matches of the teams have started. On Wednesday, Luis Suarez, who was in limelight several times in the World Cup, will try to make Uruguay win in the 100th international match in Saudi Arabia and try to tighten their place in the knockout of FIFA World Cup 2018. This match of Group A in the Steve Arena is very important for both the teams. Uruguay defeated Egypt 1-0 in their first match, while Saudi Arabia lost to host Russia 0-5. In this match of Suarez’s achievement, Uruguay will continue their winning campaign and try to make the place in the last 16.
Saudi Arabia will also go on the field with the prospect of revulsion and forgetting their shameful performance against host Russia and will try to keep its hopes alive of reaching the next round. They will face the challenge of Suarez who wants to make this World Cup a memorable tournament for himself. Suarez’s departure was not good in the last two World Cups. In 2010 World Cup played in South Africa, he saved his team from a defeat against Ghana and entered to the semi-finals. Suarez stopped the goal of Ghana in the last moments due to which the red card was shown by the refree to him. The match finally reached in the penalty shootout and Uruguay reached the semi-finals by winning 4-2 in that. Suarez is the most successful player of Uruguay. He has scored 51 goals in 99 matches so far. Five of these goals he made in the World Cup.
Top 8 Points:
- Saudi Arabia have conceded 14 headed goals since their debut in 1994 in World Cups, more than any other team over that period.
- Uruguay have lost just one of their last nine World Cup group games, While in last six games they have won five out of them.
- This is Saudi Arabia’s 15th game at the World Cup but their first against a South American side.
- Uruguay have won all three of their previous World Cup games against the Asian Countries.
- in their last three World Cup appearances, Saudi Arabia have finished last of their group, their best performance came in their debut tournamnet 1994. However they had knocked out by Sweden in the round of 16 at that time.
- Uruguay are looking to win their first two matches of a World Cup tournament for the first time since 1954.
- In their last 10 World Cup games, Saudi Arabia have failed to score in eight matches.
- They didn’t have a single shot on target in their opening game against Russia.