Sports

CWG 2018: Three Indian athletes rejected by CJF due to late entry, big clash between IOA and AFI

CWG 2018: Three Indian athletes rejected by CJF due to late entry, big clash between IOA and AFI
Written by Abhishek Lohia

Even before the start of the Commonwealth Games in Australia’s Gold Coast from April 4, there has been a shock to the Indian expectations. The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) has cut down the names of three athletes in India, which could trigger a feud again in the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and Indian Athletics Association (AFI). The CGF on Friday sent a letter to IOA Secretary-General and CEO of Indian Commonwealth Games Federation, Rajiv Mehta and said that the request for the entry of Indian athlete Siddharth Yadav, Govendehali Vijayaa kumari and S Sreesankar had been rejected. These three athletes will not be able to participate in the Commonwealth Games. CGF CEO David Grewemberg wrote in an email that CGF is not showing any specific reason to consider this issue.

Earlier, long jump junk athlete S Sreesankar, high jump athlete Siddharth Yadav and 400-meter runner Vijayaa kumari were stuck between AFI and IOA for delaying the organisers of Commonwealth Games. IOA was initially saying that the AFI gave the names of these three after the last date of submitting the entry after March 7. At the same time, the AFI had described it as a mistake of the IOA. Indian team chief, Vikram Singh Sisodia raised the issue of accepting the entry of these three from organisers of Commonwealth Games in the delegation registration meeting (DMR) in Australia’s Gold Coast. The organisers had assured Sisodia to settle the issue, but nothing could happen.

The Federation Cup of the AFI ended on March 7 and on this day these three athletes qualified for the Commonwealth Games. After this, the AFI has given names of these three to the IOA to send the Commonwealth Games Organizing Committee, but the CGF has refused to include the names sent after the last date has passed. Selected athlete of Haryana Siddharth Yadav said that my dream breaks down. I am very disappointed because despite the selection in the Indian team, as an athlete I could not make my acquisition only. I was ready to play.

The Federation director said that this is not a mistake of Federation; we sent a list of times when he reminded them that the list was to be sent till March 7, whereas the trial in Patiala lasted till March 8, they also said – it is not known. Indian Olympic Association’s general secretary Rajiv Mehta shook his hands from this matter and said that the federation had informed about it.

 

About the author

Abhishek Lohia

Abhishek Lohia is a Sports and Political Writer at Newsfolo. He has been working as a Journalist for 2 years and has previously worked at Sportsflu, Sportscafe, and some other Digital Channels. He covers the ruling BJP Government, civic bodies, and Indian politics. He also covers latest Sports News and Live Coverage. He is a graduate in Electrical Engineering from IPEC College, Sahibabad. He can be reached at; [email protected], you can also follow him on twitter @chiraglohia2

Leave a Comment