In the 18th Asian Games being played in Indonesia, Indian runner Jinson Johnson won the gold medal in men’s 1500 meter event. Jinson took three minutes and 44.72 seconds to win the gold. Iran’s Amir Muradi won silver with three minutes and 45.621 seconds, Mohammed Taulai of Bahrain won the bronze with three minutes and 45.88 seconds. This is Johnson’s second medal in the 18th Asian Games. Earlier, Jinson Johnson got second place in 800 meters and was able to win the Silver Medal. With Johnson’s gold, India has 12 gold medals in the medal tally. Talking about the medal table, India now ranks at 8th position. India has so far won a total of 57 medals with 12 gold, 20 silver, and 25 bronze. China, who won a total of 234 medals with 109 gold, is on the top.
India’s experienced table tennis player, Achanta Sharath Kamal, entered the last 16 rounds of men’s singles event. Sharath outclassed Pakistan’s Asim Mohammad Qureshi in the final -32 rounds. Earlier, Mouma Das had to face defeat in the women’s singles category pre-quarterfinals. Mouma was defeated by Chinese Taipei player Juu Chen in the final-16 round.
Asian Games 2018 Day 12 Highlights
- Indian men’s hockey team had to face defeat in hockey semis. Malaysia beat them by 7-2 in the shoot-off after a 2-2 draw.
- The Indian men’s volleyball team has lost in a tough match by Myanmar’s hands. Myanmar defeated the Indian team by 3-2 in the five-set games.
- Champa Moriah of India kept the seventh spot in the final of the Cana Women’s Singles Event in Sailing.
- Indian judo player Garima Chaudhary lost to women’s 70kg event in the pre-quarterfinals of the event. Garuma was defeated by Guljonya Matianazova of Uzbekistan 0-10 in this event.
- Indian women’s hockey team defeated three-time champions China by 1-0 in a tough match to enter the Asian Games final for the first time in 20 years.
- Indian athlete Sandeep Kumar got out of the men’s 50 kilometers of the pedestrian event. Sandeep was disqualified from this event and for this reason, he was out of this event.
- Indian women athlete Deborah and Regi Elina have entered the pre-quarterfinals of Women’s Sprint event.
India’s female runner Chitra Unnikrishnan has bagged the bronze medal of the 1500 meter event on Thursday. Chitra took four minutes and 12.56 seconds to finish in the third position. Both the Gold and Silver of the event were won by Bahrain. Kalkadin Befkadu secured the first position of four minutes and 07.88 seconds, while Tigest Belle took the second minute to finish the second time of 09.12 seconds.