Hanuman Jayanti is a significant Hindu festival celebrated every year to commemorate the birth of Lord Hanuman, who is considered as the epitome of strength, courage, devotion, and loyalty. The festival is observed on the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Chaitra, which falls between March and April. Hanuman Jayanti 2023 is set to be celebrated on April 6, and it’s time to start planning for the festivities. If you’re looking for some unique ideas to celebrate Hanuman Jayanti 2023, here are some suggestions that you can consider:
Ideas to Celebrate Hanuman Jayanti 2023
- Perform Hanuman Puja: Hanuman Puja is an essential ritual performed on the day of Hanuman Jayanti. You can either perform the puja at home or visit a nearby Hanuman temple. The puja involves lighting a diya, offering flowers, fruits, and sweets to the idol of Lord Hanuman, and reciting Hanuman Chalisa.
- Read Hanuman Chalisa: Hanuman Chalisa is a devotional hymn dedicated to Lord Hanuman. You can read Hanuman Chalisa on the day of Hanuman Jayanti to seek blessings from the Lord. You can either recite the Chalisa on your own or attend a Hanuman Chalisa recital at a nearby temple.
- Offer Community Service: Hanuman Jayanti is also an excellent opportunity to engage in community service activities. You can organize food distribution drives, blood donation camps, or donate clothes and books to the underprivileged sections of society.
- Watch Hanuman movies and documentaries: There are several movies and documentaries based on the life and deeds of Lord Hanuman. You can watch these movies with your family and friends to learn more about the life and teachings of the Lord.
- Visit Hanuman temples: Hanuman temples across the country are beautifully decorated on the day of Hanuman Jayanti. You can visit these temples with your family and friends to seek blessings from the Lord and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
- Prepare Hanuman bhog: Hanuman bhog is a special dish prepared on the day of Hanuman Jayanti. You can prepare this dish at home or order it from a nearby Hanuman temple. Hanuman bhog usually comprises of jaggery, bananas, and sesame seeds.
In conclusion, Hanuman Jayanti is a festival that signifies the victory of good over evil and the triumph of devotion over fear. It’s a day to celebrate the teachings and life of Lord Hanuman and seek his blessings for a happy and prosperous life. By following the above-mentioned ideas, you can make your Hanuman Jayanti 2023 celebrations unique and memorable.