With the emergence of Surya grahan or Solar eclipse 2017 today, Indians don’t really welcome this with heart due to ill affects scientifically and mythologically. There is a big supernatural story or Katha ‘story’ behind it. The scientific reason behind the Solar eclipse or Surya Grahan is when the moon comes between the sun and earth, which results that the bright sun is hidden behind the moon for a particular period of time. This event is called Solar eclipse or Surya grahan.
But need not to worry, Indians are not going to see even a mini part of it. But the areas of South Africa, Northern Pacific region and Antarctica, will bear the brunt of solar eclipse, where effect will be seen.Surya Grahan event date is August 21st, 2017, Monday ,time would be between 21:16 to 02:34 IST. But there are few norms according to Hindu mythology which is followed in the houses of Indians especially on eclipse. And need not to say, they are worth following.
Precautions , Safety measures , Do’s and Don’ts During Surya Grahan or Solar Eclipse 2017
1. In order to let the cooked food out of infectious rays, it is necessary to use basil leaf in them.
2. Soon after the time slot of the eclipse, you should take bath, in order to be free from the infectious rays.
3. One should avoid cooking and eating while the eclipse.
4. Grain or a certain amount of rupee should be soon donated to the poors.
5. Very important thing, any pregnant women in the house, is expected to stay inside, as it is very dangerous for the infant.
6. To worship, temples may are closed in the particular time slot, only Lord Shiva is open during the eclipse period.