Raksha Bandhan, which is a symbol of the unlimited love of brother and sister. The brothers and sisters await this festival all year long. On the day of Raksha Bandhan, the sisters tie Rakhsha Sutra or (Rakhi) on their brother’s wrist. At the same time, the brothers promise to protect their sisters by offering them some gifts. Like Holi, Deepawali, this festival is celebrated throughout the country with tradition and enthusiasm. According to the Hindu calendar, Raksha Bandhan is celebrated every year of Shravan or Saawan month. This time the festival of Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on Sunday, August 26th.
Raksha Bandhan 2018 Shubh Muhurat
- Rakhi time: 5 am to 59 min to 5 pm to 25 min (26 August 2018)
- Afternoon: From 01 noon to 39 minutes from 4 pm to 12 minutes (August 26, 2018)
- Full moon date starts: 03 noon to 16 minutes (25 August 2018)
- Full moon date ends: 5 pm to 25 minutes (26 August 2018)
How to celebrate Raksha Bandhan?
By tying rakhi on their brother’s wrist, On this day of Rakshabandhan, sisters wish longevity, prosperity, and wisdom for his brother. At the same time, the brothers promise to protect their sister and give them clothes, jewelry, money, gifts. According to the belief, Rakhi should be tied in the afternoon. If it is not possible, it is appropriate to tie rakhi in Pradosha period. During the Bhadra Kaal, Tying Rakhi is considered inauspicious.
Raksha Bandhan 2018 Puja Vidhi
- First, decorate the Rakhi plate.
- Place this rolly with Kumkum, Akshat, Yellow mustard seeds, lamps(Diye) and Rakhi.
- After this, by putting Tilak to the brother, Tie Rakhi in his right hand.
- After tying the rakhi, do brother’s aarti.
- Then feed the sweets to brother
- If the brother is younger than you, then touch his feet and bless him.
- If the sister is elder, then brother should touch her feet.
- While doing this, you should pronounce this mantra
- ॐ येन बद्धो बली राजा दानवेन्द्रो महाबलः।
तेन त्वामपि बध्नामि रक्षे मा चल मा चल।।