Dhanteras 2018 Timing and Puja Vidhi: Dhanteras is the first day of the five-day of grand Indian Festival Deepawali. It is also known as Dhantrayodashi, Dhanwantari Triodasi or Dhanvantri Jayanti. It is believed that during the churning of Kshir Sagar, Mata Laxmi and Lord Kuber appeared on the day of Dhanteras. It is also said that on this day Lord Devvanthi, the god of Ayurveda was born. This is the reason why this day is the law of worship of Mata Lakshmi, Lord Kuber and Lord Dhanvantri. The Ayurvedic Ministry of Government of India celebrates the birth anniversary of Lord Dhanvantri as the name of ‘National Ayurveda Day’. Besides, on the day of Dhanteras, worship of Yama Raj (Yama Puja) is also performed.
Dhanteras Significance and History
It is considered auspicious to buy gold or silver ornaments and utensils on this day. Dhanteras is also a symbol of the beginning of the Diwali festival. After this, the festival of Big Diwali or Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali, Govardhan Puja and finally Bhai Dooj is celebrated.
The festival of Dhanteras is celebrated every year two days before Deepawali. According to the Hindu calendar, Dharasaras is celebrated on the 13th day of the thirtieth of Kartik month. According to the Gregorian calendar, this festival falls in the month of October or November every year. This time Dhanteras is on 5th November.
Dhanteras Puja Timing and Muhurat
- Date of start of Triadashi Date: 05 November 2018 at 01.00 a.m. 24 minutes
- Date of end of Triadashi: November 05, 2018, at 11.00 a.m. 46 minutes
- Dhanteras Puja Muhurat: 05 November 2018, from 06:00 to 20 minutes to 8 pm and 17 minutes.
- Total duration: 01 hours 57 minutes
- Pradosh period: 05 November 2018, from 5:00 to 42 minutes, to 08.00 to 17 minutes.
- Taurus Period: November 05, 2018, from 06.00 a.m. 20 minutes to 8.00 a.m. 18 minutes.
On the day of Dhanteras, Goddess of wealth-Kuber is worshiped. So it is considered good to buy silver on this day. It is said that by purchasing silver on the occasion of Dhanteras, there is a rise in success, kirti, and austerity. Not only this, but silver is also considered to be a symbol of the moon, which brings coolness in the life of a human.