Hanuman Jayanti is a Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Lord Hanuman, the powerful and devoted follower of Lord Rama. It is observed on the full moon day of the Hindu month of Chaitra, which usually falls in March or April according to the Gregorian calendar. In 2023, Hanuman Jayanti is on April 6. On this auspicious day, devotees of Lord Hanuman offer special prayers, perform puja, and observe fasts. Here is a step-by-step guide to the Hanuman Jayanti puja vidhi and rituals that you can follow to celebrate the occasion.
Hanuman Jayanti Puja Vidhi and Rituals:
- Purify yourself: Start the puja by taking a bath and wearing clean clothes. This will help you purify your body and mind.
- Place the idol of Lord Hanuman: Place the idol of Lord Hanuman on a clean platform or altar. Decorate the idol with flowers and garlands.
- Light the diya: Light a diya or lamp near the idol. This symbolizes the victory of light over darkness.
- Offer vermilion and turmeric: Offer vermilion and turmeric to the idol of Lord Hanuman. These are considered auspicious in Hindu tradition.
- Offer sweets and fruits: Offer sweets and fruits as prasad to Lord Hanuman.
- Recite Hanuman Chalisa: Recite the Hanuman Chalisa, a hymn dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It is believed to have the power to ward off evil spirits and negative energy.
- Perform aarti: Perform aarti by lighting camphor and waving it in front of the idol of Lord Hanuman. This is a way to offer gratitude to the Lord and seek his blessings.
- Break the fast: If you have observed a fast on Hanuman Jayanti, break it by eating prasad.
Hanuman Jayanti is a day to celebrate the devotion and dedication of Lord Hanuman towards Lord Rama. By performing puja and observing fasts, devotees seek the blessings of Lord Hanuman to overcome their obstacles and lead a fulfilling life. May Lord Hanuman bless you with strength, courage, and prosperity.
Leave a Comment