NEW DELHI: Bhai Dooj, also known as Bhau-Beej, Bhai Tika or Bhai Phonta is a day that celebrates love between brother and sister, just like Raksha Bandhan. It is celebrated two days after Diwali. This year, Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on November 9. On Bhai Dooj, sisters invite their brothers home and apply ‘teeka’ or ‘tilak‘ on their foreheads, and pray for their long life. They also wear festive clothes, prepare festive food and get gifts for their brothers. Brothers also give gifts to their sisters and pray for their well-being and prosperity. The festival is called Bhau Beej among Gujarati, Marathi and Konkani-speaking communities, Bhai Phonta among Bengalis and Bhai Teeka in Nepal.
Nowadays, during the Bhai Duj, brothers and sisters send greetings to each other through phone and congratulate themselves via messages or Greetings. With this, some siblings place status for each other and share their old photographs.
Bhai Duj Shubh Muhurat and Puja Timing
- Morning – 9:20 to 10:35
- Noon-1: 20 to 3:15
- Evening-4: 25 to 5:35 and 7:20 pm to 8:40 pm
Here are some Bhai Dooj images, wishes, greetings, Whatsapp Status, SMS you can share with your siblings:
Bhai Dooj messages for your brother:
- Thank you for being the pillar of my strength always. I am blessed to have you as my brother. Happy
- For guiding me, protecting me and being equally crazy with me. I couldn’t have asked for a better brother than you. Happy Bhai Dooj!
- May you be blessed with long, healthy life and you succeed in sphere of your life. Happy Tikka, bhai.
- I must have done something right that God blessed me with a brother like you. Happy Bhaiya Dooj.
- This sacred thread you tie on my everywhere, reminds me of you all the time and fills me up with more love for you. You are the best sister in the world! Happy Bhai Dooj!
- You have always helped me in every way possible whenever I got stuck. Sister, you are my guiding light and I can never thank you enough for being so selfless. Blessed to have you in my life.
- To my childhood bully, my soul sister, my protector and my best friend! What would have I done without you! Blessed to be your brother. Love you, behena!
- On the auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj, I want to promise my dear sister that no matter what, I will always stand by your side! Sending you all my love on this special day! Happy Bhai Dooj!
Bhai Dooj Wishes and Greetings in Hindi
बहन लगाती तिलक फिर मिठाई खिलाती है
भाई देता तोहफा और बहन मुस्कुराती है
भाई-बहन का ये रिश्ता न पड़े कभी लूज
मेरी तरफ से मुबारक हो आपको भाई दूज
Happy Bhai Dooj
अभी नहीं आये तो चली जाऊंगी मैं
फिर शायद ना कभी लौट के आ पाऊंगी मैं
माना के तू दूर है बॉर्डर पर कहीं
मगर तेरे बिन ना तेरा घर छोड़ पाऊंगी मैं
Happy Bhai Dooj 2018
खुशनसीब होती है वो बहन
जिसके सिर पर भाई का हाथ होता है
हर परेशानी में उसके साथ होता है
लड़ना-झगड़ना फिर प्यार से मनाना
तभी तो इस रिश्ते में इतना प्यार होता है
Happy Bhai Dooj 2018
Leave a Comment