Cough or Khasi is a common health problem that affects people of all ages. It can be caused by various factors such as allergies, infections, or environmental pollutants. While cough medications are available over the counter, many people prefer to use Ayurvedic home remedies to relieve the symptoms of cough. Here are ten effective Ayurvedic home remedies for cough relief:
Ayurvedic home remedies for cough or khasi relief
- Honey and ginger: Mix one teaspoon of honey and a half teaspoon of ginger juice. Consume it two to three times a day to relieve cough symptoms.
- Tulsi or holy basil leaves: Boil a handful of tulsi leaves in water for 5-10 minutes. Drink this tulsi tea twice a day for relief from cough and cold.
- Turmeric milk: Boil one cup of milk with one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Drink it warm before bedtime to reduce cough and improve sleep quality.
- Saltwater gargle: Mix a teaspoon of salt in warm water and gargle with it. This helps reduce throat irritation and soreness.
- Black pepper and honey: Mix one teaspoon of black pepper powder with two teaspoons of honey. Consume it two to three times a day for relief from cough symptoms.
- Garlic and honey: Crush a few garlic cloves and mix them with honey. Consume this mixture twice a day to relieve cough symptoms.
- Carom seeds or Ajavain: Roast a teaspoon of carom seeds and crush them. Mix the crushed seeds with honey and consume it twice a day to relieve cough symptoms.
- Cinnamon: Boil a cinnamon stick in water for 5-10 minutes. Drink this cinnamon tea twice a day for relief from cough and cold.
- Licorice root or Mulathi: Boil a few licorice roots or mulathi in water for 5-10 minutes. Drink this licorice tea twice a day for relief from cough and sore throat.
- Eucalyptus oil: Mix a few drops of eucalyptus oil with warm water and inhale the steam. This helps to relieve congestion and cough symptoms.
These Ayurvedic home remedies can provide relief from cough symptoms, but it’s important to consult a doctor if your cough persists or worsens. Also, if you have any allergies or medical conditions, it’s best to consult your healthcare provider before trying these remedies.