MCD (Municipal corporations of Delhi) elections will be held in Delhi on 23rd April, Sunday. These elections are expected to be confrontation between BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party), Congress and AAP (Aam Aadmi Party). While BJP is the incumbent party from last ten years. Now these all parties released their manifestos and came up with different Key issues to winning the critical Municipal Elections of Delhi.
Here are key visions of BJP, AAP and Congress
- Main manifesto of BJP which ruled the unified Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is that no new tax will be levied or rates hiked if it is voted to power. E-governance will be initiated.
- This comes in the backdrop of the Aam Aadmi Party’s allegation that power and water tariffs will go up if the BJP wins the MCD polls. BJP had also won the three corporations after the trifurcation of MCD in 2012.
- Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari, released the manifesto along with senior party leaders, including Union ministers Harsh Vardhan and Vijay Goel, said, “The sankalp patra embodies Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s policies and the views of party president Amit Shah.
In MCD, most of the services are available online, will make remaining services also online as part of e-governance initiative. #BJP4Delhi pic.twitter.com/0jUv8mJYev
— BJP Delhi (@BJP4Delhi) April 21, 2017
- One of the most important manifesto of AAP is to waiving house tax against all residential properties.
- AAP minister Arvind Kejriwal released its manifesto at a press conference along with senior party leaders Manish Sisodia, Ashutosh, Ashish Talwar, Dilip Pandey, and Alka Lamba. He focuses primarily on the sanitation in the city and aims to make Delhi a garbage-free city, with the promise to make the city free of vector-borne diseases in three years.
- At the manifesto launch, Kejriwal promised to use the best technology to clean up Delhi. Citing the document, he said that more sanitation employees would be recruited and those on contract would get regular jobs.
एक साल में चमकेगी दिल्ली @ArvindKejriwal @AamAadmiParty #दिल्ली_सँवारी_MCD_सुधारेंगे pic.twitter.com/h5p8WgCYqm
— Sushma Maurya (@SushmaMMaurya) April 20, 2017
- Congress utmost priority and most important vision is Skill development. The skill development and enhancement centres will be opened in all wards of the municipal corporations.
- Congress released its youth manifesto for MCD polls, promising to open skill development centres and livelihood security department in the civic bodies of the national capital. Delhi Congress chief Ajay Maken accompanied by former Union ministers Jitin Prasad and RPN Singh, released the manifesto at Satya Niketan market in South Campus of the Delhi University.
- It has focussed on youth, to help with both education and employment. The party has also promised to tackle poverty and infrastructure if it wins the popular mandate.
Open air gyms & playing areas in MCD parks. #INCVision4MCD pic.twitter.com/LPgOxu1f2X
— Delhi Congress (@INCDelhi) April 21, 2017
These all are some key vision of major parties. The incumbent BJP has drawn heavily on the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi accumulating on the same formula that contributed to its victory in Uttar Pradesh Assembly election. The AAP-led state government accusing of not releasing Centre’s funds to civic bodies,Kejriwal has said it will bat for direct transfer of funds from the Centre to the municipal corporations. On the other hand, Congress has focussed on youth, to help with both education and employment. The party has also promised to tackle poverty and infrastructure if it wins the popular mandate.