Urjit Patel, former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India has resigned from his post. Urjit Patel said in his statement, “I am giving resignation with immediate effect due to personal reasons. It was a matter of pride for me to work in RBI in the past year. ‘ However, it is being said that there was a situation of differences and anxiety on the issues between Governor Urjit Patel and the Central Government. Urjit Patel was the Reserve Bank of India’s 24th governor. In 2016, Patel, who was appointed by the Narendra Modi government, was appointed as the governor of the Reserve Bank of India. Urjit Patel was made governor after Raghuram Rajan’s retirement. Earlier, he had been the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India. Let us know 10 things related to Urjit Patel.
Urjit Patel Resignation Status Full
“On account of personal reasons, I have decided to step down from my current position effective immediately. It has been my privilege and honour to serve in the Reserve Bank of India in various capacities over the years. The support and hard work of RBI staff, officers and management has been the proximate driver of the Bank’s considerable accomplishments in recent years. I take this opportunity to express gratitude to my colleagues and Directors of the RBI Central Board, and wish them all the best for the future.”
10 Important Points about Urjit Patel
- Urjit Patel was born on 28 October 1963 in Nairobi, Kenya. He is a graduate of London School Economics. He has done M.Phil from Oxford University. He has also done Ph.D. in Economics from Yale University.
- Urjit Patel was appointed by the Modi Government on September 4, 2016, as Governor of RBI. Urjit Patel has previously been the deputy governor of the RBI.
- Urjit Patel has worked in the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Between the years 1990 and 1995, the IMF has worked in India, USA, Myanmar and Bahamas etc. on the desk.
- 4. Urjit Patel has the experience of working in the energy, infrastructure, and finance sector of two decades, he has served as a consultant in the Department of Energy, Economic Affairs, Government of India from 1998 to 2001.
- Urjit Patel (RBI Governor Urjit Patel) has been the Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Prior to becoming the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, Patel was an advisor to the Boston Consulting Group, considered to be a US think tank.
- Urjit Patel has worked in the Task Force, the Indian Competitiveness Commission, for the direct tax of the Finance Ministry.
- He has worked in the High-Level Committees of Central and State Governments between 2000 and 2004.
- Urjit Patel has worked as Director of Gujarat Petroleum Limited and National Housing Bank.
- Urjit Patel has also been the Director of State Bank of India