UIDAI authority has deactivated around 81 lakh Aadhaar numbers and 11 PAN numbers till now, citizens can check on uidai.gov.in if theirs is valid or not. This move was clearly aimed at the people who are exploiting the government policies by using multiple cards. Aadhaar Card linking for popular schemes like income tax filing and bank accounts decision of government made it most crucial piece of document for any individual. Recently the government has made it mandatory to link you Aadhaar Card with Pan Card to keep track on person’s income tax filling.
As per the official reports of the last week Friday, the Minister of State for Electronics and IT, P P Chaudhary said that there are approximately 81 lakh Aadhaar numbers that have been deactivated. And he informed the Rajya Sabha that the state, year and the reason wise data is not maintained by the UIDAI. He further added that the Aadhaar numbers were deactivated for a number of reasons that are stated in section 27 and 28 of Aadhaar Regulation act 2016. The deactivation of Aadhaar numbers was done as per the Aadhaar Life Cycle Management (ALCM) guideline prior to that enactment of the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
As per the provisions of Section 27 and 28. If the person has a multiple of Aadhaars then their Aadhaar card will be cancelled or deactivated. It was noticed that the children who enroll for Aadhaar Card before the age of 5 years should have to update their biometrics once after attaining the age of 5 years and then again after turning 15 years of age.
Follow these instructions to check Aadhaar status
- Firstly you have to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India i.e, uidai.gov.in.
- Go to the tab ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in the relevant box to verify that if your Aadhaar card is valid or not.
- Then enter ‘Enter Security Code’ that displayed in the image and then click ‘Verify’.
- At last, the homepage will show a display message confirming the status if your number is valid. While in the case of invalid the page will say that Aadhaar number does not exist.