Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who arrived in Mumbai to attend a private event, slammed Congress for 1975 Emergency imposed by then PM Indira Gandhi. PM Modi said that on the 26th June of every year, that dark day of emergency is remembered when democracy was killed and the Whole India faces an intolerable crisis. He said that the BJP workers celebrate the day of emergency as a black day not to oppose the Congress and its government but to remind people of those days. He further said,”The party(Congress) which has no internal democracy cannot be expected to adhere to the ideals of democracy.
Key points of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Speech
- Whilst the Congress party and especially one family are facing the crisis of going to their position, they started shouting.
- Congress is saying that there is an atmosphere of fear in the country and the country is going to be devastated and only Congress can save it.
- Kishore Kumar refused to sing in the Congress program, then he banned him.
- To remember democracy, it is important to remember the Emergency.
- PM Modi praised veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar for his fight during the emergency.
- It is important to remember for everyone on that dark day of history.
- History is aware that how Rajiv Gandhi behaved with the media.
- Who ended democracy. He is saying today that Modi will end the constitution.
- Today’s young generation does not have the awareness of emergency, so it is necessary to tell them.
- For the sake of power, Congress has transformed the country into jail.
- Earlier it was said that the RSS would kill Muslims, today they are saying Dalits are in crisis.
- Those who oppose the Emergency, I give them a salute.
The ruling party BJP is celebrating today as Black Day (June 26) in protest of the Emergency declared by Indira Gandhi in 1975. BJP leaders are present in all the cities of the country. 25 Union ministers have been held the press conferences on the cause of Black Day in 25 cities.