2017 has been mired in controversies, with everyone and everything seemingly having a dispute that caused havoc and even endangered the lives of people. One of the most shocking event that made headlines this year happened because of something that could have been avoided and was still unseen by most people. This year was one of the most politically unstable time for the nation, as toward the end of the year as there were elections in two states, and even the Prime Minister of India was told to apologize for his comments against the former Prime Minister.
1. Padmavati Controversy:- Perhaps the biggest controversy of the year, and which is surely going to continue in the New Year was about the movie Padmavati, Directed by Sanjay Leel Bhansali and starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor. What started as a misunderstanding about an alleged dream sequence in the movie then burst into the accusations of historical distortions, open death threats from fringe groups to the director and the actors and the movie being banned in 5 states even though no one has watched it yet. The movie is still seeking certificate from the censor board.
2. Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan controversy:- Another controversy related to Bollywood was about the two actors, when some deeply personal secrets were revealed and Kangana Ranaut accused Hrithik of stalking her. He retorted at last, telling that she was lying and the feud still hasn’t resolved properly.
3. Pradyuman Murder case:- A shocking murder of a seven year old boy in the school toilet shook the nation, and when it was revealed that a sixteen year old student was responsible for the murder, the news caused a major sense of disbelief in the media and nation wide.
4. Delhi Smog:- The pollution levels in the capital of India was so much and caused so much trouble that schools had to be closed and the Government could not decide what to do, which made headlines when NGT rejected its guidelines for ODD-EVEN scheme. The conditions got so bad that the
5. Gujarat Elections:- Every day during the campaign for the Gujarat elections there was a new controversy. From Rahul Gandhi being considered a Muslim to Mani Shankar Aiyar calling Narendra Modi “Neech” to the Prime Minister accusing Manmohan Singh of being in cahoots with the Pakistani government to take him out of the position. The season ended with BJP’s win, but it wasn’t before every party had made comments, accused each other of things as bizarre as eating mushrooms to keep the facial skin white.