The e-ticketing department of Indian Railways has recently started some new methods for booking rail tickets (including Tatkal tickets). People will get an option of–book now and pay later for Tatkal tickets booked under the tatkal quota on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) website. Taking advantage of the new service rules, IRCTC e-wallet(it is a mode of payment which enables users to deposit money in credit with IRCTC) users can now book rail e-tickets including Tatkal quota tickets through its mobile android app, and IRCTC Rail Connect.
For the tatkal bookings, people had to pay first via the regular online payment gateways before the IRCTC portal confirmed their ticket. According to IRCTC payment provider Anduril Technologies, IRCTC users will be able to pay via credit card, Debit Card and Cash by opting to have tickets delivered at their doorstep.
Below we have explained the way to pay under the new guidance and rules for e-tickets via IRCTC e-wallet. The customer needs to tender either his/her Adhaar or PAN details at the time of registration.
1) The user/customer needs to choose the ‘pay-on-delivery’ option while booking the ticket on IRCTC portal.
2) The digital ticket delivery happens instantly via email/SMS. The collection happens within 24 hours of the booking
3) The customer can also pay online through a payment link that will be sent to them at time of booking.
4) AC Tatkal tickets booking online window will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. You have to book the ticket a day before the travelling date.
5) If a train is more than three hours late, the passenger can claim a complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges. The passenger can also claim a full refund if he/she is accommodated in the lower class and he/she doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class, and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.
6) A passenger can claim the refund on Tatkal tickets only if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
Worried about Pick-up at your destination #station? Avail #cab #booking facility available on #IRCTC Rail Connect Android App. Download the #app now! or you can Log on to https://t.co/s3mX8V8YUd pic.twitter.com/hEs7JtUlyM
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) May 2, 2018