India’s Independence Day is the most important of national festivals that the country of a billion people marks every year, and every year the nation takes out time to show love and respect for the idea of India, as well as for the many men and women who have worked to make the country stronger. The festival is marked with the ceremony at Red Fort where the prime minister addresses the nation in a much awaited speech. There are also flag raising ceremonies at state legislatures and governor houses, schools across the country and other spots. You can celebrate this important day and share the patriotism with your friends and family with the following messages:
1) We salute the bravery of our freedom fighters and their vision of freedom. Long may our union stand! Happy Independence Day!
2) Today, we look back at our long journey of 70 years and hope for better things in the future. Wishing you a Happy Independence Day!
3) “Our nation is like a tree of which the original trunk is swarajya and the branches are swadeshi and boycott.” — Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
4) Freedom in our mind, faith in the words, pride in our souls. Let’s salute the great men and women who made this possible. Happy Independence Day!
5) Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country! Happy Independence Day!
6) “Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.” – Nehru.