After 14th GST council meeting which is held in Srinagar, the council came out with multiple GST slabs structure of 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% & 28% under which all goods will be classified. This is tentative list which is out at present and it may undergo further revisions subject to final vetting/approval.
Below are few items that we use on daily basis classified in multiple slabs defined by GST council:
- Meat & Edible Meat Offal
- Aquatic Invertebrates, Fish, Molluscs
- Dairy Produce, Eggs, Natural Honey, Edible Products of animal origin
- Live Roots & Plants, Edible Vegetables
- Products of malt, starch, wheat gluten such as Aata, Maida, Besan etc.
- Lassi, Curd, Butter Milk, Paneer, Cereals, Pappad, Bread
- Judicial & Non-Judicial Stamp Papers
- Kumkum, Bindi, Sindur
- All types of Contraceptives
- Frozen Foods
- Skimmed Milk, Cream, Yogurt, Paneer in Branded packing, Natural Honey in Branded Container
- Coffee, Tea, Cloves, Cinnamon, Pizza Bread
- Tobacco Leaves
- LPG, Kerosene
- Natural rubber, Rubber Tyre’s used in Bicycles, Rickshaws
- Butter, Ghee, Cheese
- Dry Fruits
- Animal Fats & Oil
- Fruit Juices, Vegetable Juices
- Namkeens, Bhujia, Mixtures of all types in similar category.
- Tooth powder
- Agarbatti, Candles, tapers
- Feeding Bottles
- Tractors, Bicycles and other cycles, Self-loading trailers for agricultural purposes
- Pasta, Noodles, Macaroni, Corn Flakes
- Pastries & Cakes
- Jams, Jellies, Sauces, Soups, Ice Cream
- Alcohol & spirits,
- Toilet Rolls, Facial Tissues, Carbon Paper, Envelopes, Plain Post cards, Notebooks etc.
- Glasses for corrective spectacles
- Cars for physically handicapped persons, Refrigerated motor vehicles
- Electronic Toys like tricycles, scooters, pedal cars etc.
- Chewing gum, Bubble gum, white chocolate, Cocoa butter, Custard Powder
- Pan Masala
- Non-alcoholic beverages, aerated water
- Perfumes, shampoos, hair cream, shaving cream
- Furniture, Sanitary Fittings, Plywood, Boards, Wooden frames
- Razors, blades, knives, hair clippers, choppers etc.
- Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment
There are few exceptions to all categories which might fall in multiple slabs as per their product nature. You can refer the details GST_Chapter_Wise_Rate for all GST rates with classification.
There are few categories which are yet to be decided:
- Biri wrapper leaves
- Textiles & Footwear
- Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal, and articles thereof; imitation jewellery;
- Power driven Agricultural, horticultural, forestry, poultry keeping or bee-keeping machinery, Harvesting or threshing machinery, machines for cleaning, sorting or grading, machinery used in milling industry and parts thereof