The festival season is here with grand celebration of Vijayadashami,which is also known as Dussehra or Dasara. This festival is celebrated for different believes among devotees. It is celebrated on the tenth day of the Hindu months of Ashvin merging with the Gregorian calendar in month of September and October mostly. Dasra is grant festival that is celebrated of good over evil. It is believed that Goddess Durga attained victory over the demon Mahishasura after fighting with for night nights. The victory took place on occasion of Vijayadashami and marked as double celebration for observing goodness as Lord Rama had also marked his victory over King Ravana on this day. The festival of Dussehra holds great part of Ramayana as Lord Rama killed devil Ravana in the Sat-Yuga since king Ravana had kidnapped lord Rama’s wife Sita.
As this auspicious day is marked as triumph of morality over sin or immorality. This day is celebrated all over India and also in Nepal. The festival of Dussehra is celebrated by following the rituals like Puja,burning an effigy of Ravana and worshiping Goddess Durga followed by nine days rituals of Durga Puja.
Here are some SMS, Images and greetings to send wishies your friends and family
SMS, Greetings and Wishes for Dussehra
- A time for celebration, A time for victory of good over bad, A time when world see the example of power of good.
Let us continue the same true spirit. Blessing of Dussehra.
- May this day clear all hurdels of your life and start new era of well being. Happy Dussehra.
- May God bless you with all success on the auspicious occasion of Dussahra and you may be capable of defeating all evils of your life.
- May this dussehra burn all your worries with the burning of Ravana.
- Jai Siyaram, Wish u success and happiness in everything u do! Happy Dussehra.
- May goddess lakshmi play on your palms wish you a happy dussehra.
- Let us start a great life by conquering our external evils! Happy Dussehra.
- May this Dussehra, light up for you. The hopes of Happy times, And dreams for a year full of smiles! Wish you Happy Dussehra..!
- On this auspicious occasion, I wish the color, bliss and beauty Of this festival Be with you throught the year! Happy dasara.