The Delhi-Meerut RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) is an important high-speed rail project that will connect Delhi and Meerut via an 82-km long corridor. The project aims to reduce travel time between the two cities to less than an hour, and ease the traffic congestion on the National Capital Region (NCR) roads. The project is being developed in phases, and the first priority section of the RRTS is expected to be operational soon. Here is the latest update on the construction of the priority section of the Delhi-Meerut RRTS:
- Priority section: The priority section of the Delhi-Meerut RRTS is the 17-km long stretch between Sahibabad and Duhai. This section is being developed as a priority because it connects densely populated areas and industrial clusters in Ghaziabad, and is expected to benefit a large number of commuters. The priority section is expected to be operational by mid-2023.
- Trial on Priority section: The authorities have recently conducted successful trials of the RRTS trains on the priority section. During the trial, the train covered the 17-km distance between Sahibabad and Duhai in just 12 minutes, which is much faster than the current travel time of over an hour by road. The trial was conducted to check the track quality, the performance of the trains, and the signalling and communication systems.
- Viaduct construction: The viaduct is the elevated track on which the RRTS trains will run. The construction of the viaduct is completed on the priority section, and the authorities have claimed that other sections is progressing at a rapid pace. The viaduct construction work is expected to be completed by the end of 2023.
- Station construction: the construction of several RRTS stations was ongoing, including 4 station in priority section, which was almost complete. The authorities were also working on the other stations . The authorities have claimed that the stations will be modern and passenger-friendly, and will have facilities such as parking and ticketing. The priority Section stations are expected to be completed by mid-2023.
- Signalling and telecommunication systems: The signalling and telecommunication systems are critical components of the RRTS project. The authorities are using modern technologies and equipment to ensure that the systems are of high quality and meet international standards. The work of signalling and telecommunication systems on priority section has been already completed.
- Project timeline:The Delhi-Meerut RRTS is being developed in phases, and the authorities have set a target to complete the project by 2025. The first phase of the project, which includes the construction of the priority section between Sahibabad and Duhai, is expected to be operational by mid-2023.
The construction of the Delhi-Meerut RRTS is progressing at a steady pace, and the authorities are taking several measures to ensure that the project is completed on time and meets international standards. The Delhi-Meerut RRTS is an important project that will provide a fast and comfortable travel experience to the commuters, and will contribute to the development of the NCR region.
Leave a Comment