Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi is an Indian stunt/dare reality game show, based on the American Fear Factor. The series was first launched as Fear Factor India on Sony TV in 2006 by the programming team of Tarun Katial and Anupama Mandloi where it received a great response from the viewers; however, the channel discontinued the series after one season. The channel gave up its rights to Colors TV and the series was relaunched as Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi on 21 July 2008.
The first two seasons were hosted by Akshay Kumar. He was replaced by Priyanka Chopra in the third season due to scheduling conflicts. However, Akshay Kumar was roped in again for the fourth season. For season 5, Rohit Shetty replaced Akshay Kumar as he had family problems. Arjun Kapoor was chosen to be the host for Season 7 and now the season 8 is being hosted by Rohit Shetty. The genre of the show is reality and stunt show. The show will go on air by end of May. The show is going to be shot in Spain.
Here is the list of contestant this season:
1. Hina Khan- Actor Hina Khan, who is known for her daily soap Yeh Rista Kya Kehlata Hai will be making her comeback with the show. She took to Instagram to announce that she is preparing for the show and as per rumours she is heard to spend more time in gyms these days.
2. Ravi Dubey- TV actor Ravi Dubey is known for his role in Jamai Raja. He is also a popular TV anchor. The actor has always been appreciated for his onscreen presence. It would be interesting to see the handsome hunk doing stunts.
3. Nia Sharma- The Tv actress who captured eye balls of the people after doing some bold photoshoots. She will now be seen doing some difficult stunts.
4. Shantanu Maheshwari- A TV actor who made his debut in Dil Dosti Dance. He had earlier participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 9. The 26-year-old is a trained dancer.
5. Ritvik Dhanjani- A famous TV actor and anchor is also part of the show.
6. Manveer Gurjar- The new fame-grabber contestant and winner will also be a part of the show.
7. Lopamudra Raut- The second runner-up for Miss United Continents 2016, she was also a part of Bigg Boss 10. By making lot of public apperances she grabbed a lot of attention
8. Geeta Phogat- The first Indian woman wrestler who won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in 2010, Phogat will also be a part of Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 8. The movie Dangal was inspired by the story of her life.
9. Karan Wahi- Actor turned model and host Karan wahi who got popular for his TV show Dill Mill Gayye will now be a contestant of Khatron Ke Khiladi.
10. Shiny Doshi- Is a television actress and model. Doshi made her debut in 2013 in the serial Saraswatichandra, where she played the role of Kusum Vyas. Now she will be a part of the stunt show.
As Khatron Ke Khiladi (KKK) Season 8 contestants reveal their fears and phobias (water, heights, lizards/cockroaches and creepy crawlies are the top few), there is one contestant who has agreed to do the show only to fight her fears — Geeta Phogat, the internationally acclaimed wrestler and winner of India’s first gold medal at 2010 Commonwealth games.
“At present, my only phobia is Rohit Shetty (laughs). I didn’t have it earlier but now after meeting him, I fear him. But otherwise, I have overcome my most of my fears. I was scared of water so I learnt swimming to get rid of it. I don’t think I will be scared of snakes or creepy crawlies. I have seen few episodes of Khatron Ke Khiladi. I took up the challenge because I wanted to fight my fears and I said ‘yes’ immediately,” says Phogat.
Rohit Shetty says that he did not interact with the contestant yet. He also said that it is a proud moment to have Geeta Phogat in the show. The show is said to be shot in spain. The team will leave for Spain on May 18. The show is scheduled to air next month.