The horrific floods in Kerala have led to a stroke in the state. Nearly 400 people have died in the flood situation in the state and about 10 lakh people have to take shelter in relief camps. Looking at the terrible situation of floods in Kerala, people are moving forward to help people from India and abroad. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said that according to the initial estimate, the state has suffered a financial loss of Rs.19,512 crore. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the Rs 500 crore disaster relief fund for Kerala and apart from this, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had already announced to give a relief of Rs 100 crore for Kerala.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi also said that Congress MPs will donate their one month’s salary to flood victims for donation. Shiv Sena has announced that all its MPs and MLAs donate their one month’s salary to Kerala Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Meer Foundation donation to Kerala Floods Victims
- The Meer Foundation of Shahrukh Khan has donated Rs 21 lakhs to a relief group working among the flood victims in Kerala.
- Actress Jacqueline Fernandez has decided to give five lakh rupees to NGO Habitat for Humanity India, working for the Kerala flood relief program.
- Southern Superstar Rajinikanth has announced the help of Rs 15 lakh for Kerala Flood Victims.
- Director Shankar has announced a donation of Rs.10 lakh for the flood victims of Kerala.
- For the help of Kerala, filmmaker Priyadarshan and actor Akshay Kumar have already given their check to Chief Minister Disaster Relief Fund.
- Amitabh Bachchan has also come forward for the help of Kerala and he has requested giving a big donation for helping the people.
- Kamal Hassan, Actor of South Indian Movie Industry, who has stepped in politics, has given Rs 25 lakhs.
- Actor Surya has given Rs 25 lakhs, and Tamil actor Dhanush has given Rs 25 lakhs.
- Mohanlal, the superstar of the Malayalam film industry, has announced to give 25 lakh rupees to CMDRF.
Kerala Floods Donation Form Television Industry
- Leading Television channel group, Star India has announced the help of Rs 2 crore for Kerala and along with NGO Goonj, has asked about the delivery of essential commodities to Kerala.
- Sun TV network declares donation of Rs 1 crore
- the country’s largest public sector bank SBI has made the announcement of Rs 1 crore for the flood victims of Kerala.
- The employees of Asianet asked to help Rs 25 lakhs.
Hanan (21), a graduate student in Kochi, has given 1.5 lakh rupees in Chief Minister Disaster Relief Fund for the help of flood victims. While the United Arab Emirates has appointed a committee which will arrange relief for the flood victims of Kerala. Apart from this, a UAE businessman, Yusuf Ali Ma, who is born in Kerala, is ready to pay Rs 5 crore for the flood victims of Kerala. Fatima Healthcare Group chairman KP Hussain has announced a grant of Rs 5 crore to tackle the flood situation in Kerala. Of this, 10 crore rupees will be given directly to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.