Education

GSEB declares CET results: GUJCET 2017

GSEB declares CET results: GUJCET 2017
Written by Priyanka sarangi

Today the results of Gujarat Common Entrance Test(CET) has declared the results on its official website today.The exam is conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB). GUJCET is for admission to engineering degree and diploma courses and pharmacy courses for both medical and non-medical streams.

This year, nearly 2.67 lakh students appeared for the test conducted on May 10th and 11th.The results are crucial for the higher secondary students (class 12th) students taking admission into degree courses. For admissions, 40 percent of GUJCET is considered and the rest 60 percent weightage is given to class 12th results.

Students can check their results by the following steps:

1.Log on to the official website – gseb.org
2.Click on the link ‘Gujarat CET Result 2017’
3.Enter your roll number and other credentials for accessing the result
4.Keep a print out of the result for official use.

About 1,32,291 students appeared out of 1,34,186 students who registered for the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GujCET) on May 11 in three different streams for admission to various engineering, medical and pharmacy courses in government and private colleges of Gujarat.

Out of 1,34,326 registered candidates 1,32,472 appeared for Physics and Chemistry examination which was a combined paper while for pharmacy colleges, 67,963 students appeared in Biology out of 68,983 registered number. Mathematics exam witnessed 66890 students who appeared out of 67,814 registered candidates.

Till 2012, GujCET was conducted but Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was made compulsory as a common entrance test in these courses since 2013 but within four years the government withdrew it and with the GR, the provision of JEE being mandatory was abolished and instead of it, GujCET was re-introduced.

About the author

Priyanka sarangi

Journalist by profession, music lover by passion. Love to write and edit content on different topics of entertainment beat. Love to travel but only with my favorite people.