Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) registration for 2018 entrance exam, Exam date will start from September 1 this year by the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG). There is different eligibility criteria depending on the background of the candidate. The next exam is scheduled for February next year and the results for these exams are expected to be out by March 17, 2018. The counselling will take place from the second week of April 2018, once result. This exam is conducted for recruitment in the government and private organisations working in technical fields.
How to Apply
- Candidate can register themselves for the examination through online.
- The application portals can be accessed through multiple GATE approved Websites.
- Students can register themselves on the following websites:- gate.iisc.ac.in, gate.iitk.ac.in, gate.iitd.ac.in, gate.iitkgp.ac.in, gate.iitm.ac.in, www.iitr.ac.in, www.gate.iitb.ac.in.
Exam Fee GATE 2018
The Application process for the Indian and International candidates is as same. Candidates require a valid passport to apply for the examination. Registration fees Indian candidates Rs 1500 and GATE International candidates US Dollars 50. The fee structure for women candidate is Rs 750, SC/SC/PwD is Rs 750. No age limit is there for the eligibility criteria for GATE 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying for GATE 2018
- Candidates should be Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. or Diploma in Engineering technology.
- Architecture degree holders should have five years course or should be in final year of their program.
- Students who has done Science (B.S.) or in final year can apply for this examination.
- Candidates having master degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/
Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who
are in the final year of such programs are eligible for applying.
- Those have four-year in integrated Master’s degree program (Post B.Sc.) in
Engineering/Technology or in final year can apply for same.
- Candidates with qualifications in recognized by UPSC/AICTE/
MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech are eligible.
- Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.