With questions raised over security lapses that led to the killing of a seven-year-old boy in a school, the Gurugram district administration on Saturday announced a committee to find out whether there were any slip-ups and promised to conclude the probe and filing of a chargesheet within seven days.
“We have set up a committee to prepare a comprehensive report about the security lapses in the school. The report will be submitted by Monday. Further course of action would be taken on the basis of the report,” Gurugram Deputy Commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh told reporters.
He said the committee would also probe whether any such prior incident had occurred in the school campus.
Gurugram Police Commissioner Sandeep Khairwar said investigation will be concluded within seven days and a chargesheet filed in the case.
Earlier in the day, a violent protests took place outside Ryan International school over the killing of Pradhuman, a Class 2 student, who was found dead on Friday in the washroom with his throat slit. A school bus conductor has been arrested in the case.
Singh said the services of a private security agency hired by Ryan International school has been suspended and the district authority ordered to conduct a security audit of all schools in Gurugram.
“From the legal point of view, we will appoint a public prosecutor. We are on the job in completing documentation of scientific, forensic and technical evidences.”
He said the school management has ordered suspension of the school principal and the action has been taken.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday also announced a committee to investigate the murder.
Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar termed the murder an “unfortunate incident”.
“Investigation is going on and police have arrested an accused. I hope that justice will be served,” the Minister said.